Date pudding with caramel sauce recipe
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cups brown sugar
300 ml pouring cream
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Form for baking brush with oil and Shots with baking paper. I do not recommend the use of deep form, say, a difficult propech pudding. It is better to use individual molds or small large.
2. Dates and place the baking soda in a bowl. Pour boiling water and leave for 20 minutes.
3. Beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
4. Stir the egg mixture into the dates, using a metal spoon. Add the flour mixed with baking powder. Thoroughly kneaded dough.
5. Pour mixture into prepared mold or form.
6. Bake about 35 minutes until dry toothpicks. Turn onto a plate.
7. Now make the sauce. Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce boils. Reduce heat and cook another couple of minutes.
8. Make punctures with a fork across the surface of the pudding. Pour the warm sauce on the part of the warm pudding. Leave for 10 minutes to become impregnated.
9. Cut the pudding into slices and serve, sprinkling the remaining sauce.
Back to the Pudding Recipes home page.